BMW New Exotic Concept
BMW new exotic concept car is the Vision EfficientDynamics Concept, which is a plug-in hybrid with a three cylinder turbo-diesel engine. The car look is super amazing! This is by far the best BMW ever designed. Not only a very well design car, but more of a exclusive concept vehicle.
BMW Vision EfficientDynamics is able to run completely under electric power, with the power of the turbodiesel engine alone, or through an infinite combination of the three power sources. Depending on driving conditions, the two electric motors may be used both for accelerating and for regenerating energy when applying the brakes and while coasting. This principle ensures efficient energy management, with the charge status of the lithium-polymer battery constantly remaining within the optimum range. When accelerating, the electric motors help to boost the car for even greater performance, ensuring immediate response and a significant reduction in fuel consumption. For a short time, such as in passing maneuvers, the cumulative maximum output of all three engines increases to 356 hp, with maximum torque generated by the three engines reaching 590 lb-ft.
- Development aim: The performance of a BMW M Car combined with the fuel economy and emission management of a modern small car in the premium class
- Offering a full-hybrid concept, the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics concept car is powered by a three-cylinder turbo-diesel and two electric motors. Overall system output is 262 kW/356 hp, maximum torque 800 Newtonmetres/590 lb-ft. All-wheel drive featuring an electric motor on both the front
and rear axle
- Anticipated performance: Acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds, top speed 250 km/h (155 mph) (electronically limited), fuel consumption in the EU test cycle 3.76 litres/100 km (equal to 75.1 mph imp), CO2 emissions 99 grams/kilometer
- As a plug-in hybrid, BMW Vision EfficientDynamics is able to cover the entire fuel consumption drive cycle under electric power alone. This reduces the CO2 emission rating to just 50 grams per kilometer
- Electric power is generated without the slightest increase in fuel consumption through a particularly efficient concept of Brake Energy Regeneration.
Energy is stored in 98 lithium polymer cells. The car is able to cover a distance of approximately 50 km/31 miles in the electric mode alone
- The roof and door inserts made of polycarbonate glass automatically become darker as a function of incoming light
- Measuring only 1.24 metres or 48.8″ in height and boasting a sweeping, arch-like roof line, BMW Vision EfficientDynamics offers the slender silhouette of a classic Gran Turismo
- The underfloor of the car is fully covered from front to rear and from one side to the other, thus maintaining a smooth surface to avoid any air swirl liable to increase fuel consumption
- Thanks to the consistent lightweight construction strategy applied on the car, unladen weight according to the DIN standard is limited to 1,395 kg or 3,076 lb
Get the lowdown straight from zee German team below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLGygbCr3sg&feature=player_embedded
All phoographs, information and videos courtesy of BMW GROUP PRESSCLUB GLOBAL